Monday 23 March 2009

Cards and cake!

I have a found a new challenge blog which is right up my street - it's all about Basic Grey! This week's challenge is all about texture - and here is my attempt, specially for Little Miss A's 2nd birthday which is today (and we had a temper tantrum before we even left the house just to prove it!)



I have used papers from the Periphery and Skate Shoppe ranges (remember the last one?), plus Kaiser pearls and gems, ribbon from John Lewis, and a cute little Tilda holding a special cake. I added texture in various ways - there are the gems and pearls, but I also added white polka dots to Tilda's dress with a Souffle pen, glitter to the cake icing and the blue flower, and her shoes are all shiny, thanks to some Diamond Glaze.

Seeing as I was on such a roll, I have also managed to finish a birthday card for my MIL (I know she doesn't read this blog so I'm safe posting the picture on here). Bazzill cardstock, Sizzix pp, Dovecraft flowers and jewel brad, plus Kaiser gems and Prima flowers - I'm really pleased with this one!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Two fabulous cards. I just love the colours and paper you've used for your BG card. Marvelous job of giving Tilda a polka dot dress.
Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey.
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards and your beautifully coloured tilda is so sweet! Such pretty papers and design too. Thanks for joining the BG challenge this week. Chris x

Monica Anderberg said...

Wow, what a cute cards! I really love the colors. Very nice!

BR/ Monica at scrapoleket.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin