Monday, 30 June 2008
Tuesday, 24 June 2008
Sunday, 22 June 2008
First up is a layout left-over from the cyber-crop on UKS which I have finally got around to finishing. Made with the scrummy Bella Girl kit from Scrummy Stash (and I still have loads left over!).
Yes - that is me! I'm not totally certain when this photo was taken, but I think I would have been about three (as that particular house was sold when I was four).
Friday, 20 June 2008
In addition, my stock of ready-made cards was running low - I'd run out of baby cards, and I wanted to see what some of my flower photos would look like mounted onto cards and embellished a bit! So, I took a few days off work at the beginning of the week, and got to work. My mojo was flowing like the proverbial torrent and I got completely into my zone - at one point, the floor of my study was totally covered in paper and card, and I was struggling to find my ruler, cutter, glue roller, etc. To cut a long story short, I made 87 cards in three days - phew!!!!
Here are a few examples (can you tell that my garden bench has become my new favourite spot for taking photos of my cards???):
Monday, 16 June 2008
Thursday, 12 June 2008
First of all, I dug out this butterfly iron-on motif that has been sitting in my stash pile for at least four years and stuck it with foam pads onto a piece of olive-coloured pearl cardstock, which was trimmed with my scallop scissors. This was then stuck onto a piece of darker green cardstock that was slightly distressed with gold ink. This was then mounted onto patterned paper (from a Sizzix pad I think!) which was trimmed with deckle scissors and inked ever-so-slightly with green ink. Last but not least, this was mounted onto more pearl cardstock and decorated with gold Stickles.
Next, I cut an oval shape from my new Costco papers, mounted that onto a blue card (which I stamped with silver flourishes from Gel-a-Tins) and framed with a selection of Prima daisies in muted blues and greys - and just a touch of yellow for colour. These were then decorated with Icicle, Silver and Dark Blue Stickles.
And last but not least, I used up the scraps of paper (Costco again!) from my last card making session. These were both rounded, mounted on each other, and then mounted on a piece of Cuttlebugged card (which had also been chalked). The final touches were two of my own crochet flowers (held together with a brad) and - of course - some Stickles!!! It was Copper this time....just in case you wondered :-)
After all that hard work, I made a couple of very simple 'male' cards, including this Father's Day card requested by a colleague - I hope her hubby likes it!!! In fact, if anyone knows who makes the beige letter stickers that I used here, please let me know, as I need to find some more and can't remember where or when I bought them!!!
That's all for this week folks - thanks for looking!!
Wednesday, 4 June 2008
First, I made a couple of sympathy cards
Monday, 2 June 2008
Phew! Have just heard that the collage canvas I made for my friend Helen has arrived safely (along with her!) in New Zealand, and is now hanging in her Mum's hallway - until she finds a more permanent home for it. I'm so relieved - was really worried that one of the gems or letters might fall off in transit........
Apparently, everyone who's seen it has been very complimentary - so I guess I'll be making more!! I already have a toddler photo from another friend, and I'm thinking of a much more dramatic black & white theme.........