Wednesday 23 July 2008

New toys (and tagged - mark II)

Morning all! Finally have a chance to sit down and just breathe after what seems like total madness for the last three weeks. We've had a variety of in-laws visiting from far-flung places, work has been slightly crazy, I've had a really nasty cold, DD has been teething and DH has been grumpy due to having too much on at work. Phew! Thank goodness we're off on our holiday on Friday - one week of rural bliss, with my Mum's cooking and Dad's babysitting services thrown in - really looking forward to it!

DH came home with a new toy for me last night - a new Panasonic Lumic TZ5 digital camera! We've been debating buying this for weeks now, as our trusty Olympus C-60 is really starting to show it's age, and I want to learn how to take really good pictures. This new one has a 'multi-shoot' mode which will hopefully help us get action pictures of DD while she running around! It's still in it's box, but I promise to read the manual before we go on holiday......

The postie has bought me some gorgeous goodies in the last week - just had to share some of them! First a whole load of coordinated Primas and Prima daisies from my favourite seller on eBay- I love how she does little packets of flowers which means you can buy a much larger selection for the same price as a 'normal' size pack.















I also got these gorgeous grosgrain ribbons from the US - 50 yards of plain and spotty in colours of my choice - think they'll be appearing all over the place in weeks to come!





















Last but not least, I was tagged ages ago by Jenny - and have only just found the time to answer the questions. So here goes:

1. If a movie was being made of your life who would you like to be cast to play yourself?
Errrrrmmmm - this is a toughie! Let's think - would be unrealistic to say something like Audrey Hepburn (yes, I know she's not with us any more!) I'm going to say Julia Roberts (even tho' she looks nothing like me) or Sinead Cusack because I love the spunky roles they play and I think they would do me justice! :-)

2. You are spending a whole month on a desert island for charity and you have to choose your favourite celebrity to spend the first two weeks with & your least favourite celebrity to spend the second two weeks with, who would they be & why?
I could definitely spend two weeks with Stephen Fry - with that amazing mine of trivia that he has stored in his brain, and his cynical sense of humour, I'm sure I'd be in stitches the whole time. Least favourite would be someone like Katie Price (aka Jordan) or Jean-Claude van Damme - there's no way we would have any common ground for even vaguely sensible conversation!

3. What are your three favourite crafting products? Rub-ons, buttons and Primas!!!

4. If you could invent something to do anything what do you think it would be? Self-cleaning glasses (very useful when you have a toddler with permanently sticky fingers who always wants to take them off your nose!)

5. What are the last three books that you read? 'Death's Door' - Quentin Jardine (the latest in the Skinner series); 'High Noon' - Nora Roberts (my favourite author); 'Temple' - Matthew Reilly

6. QVC or Create & Craft?Neither thanks.

7. Docrafts or Dovecraft or DCWV? None of them are high up my favourites list, but I guess DCWV (I like their cardstock)

8. What is your claim to fame? I have met Prince Andrew and John Smith (the man who should have been leader of the Labour Party)

Now I'm supposed to tag 5 more people, so this goes out to Annette, Karen, Jo, Ladybug and Feline!

Have just realised this is quite a long post - congratulations to you all who made it this far! Will see you all when I get back from my hols!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Thanks for the tag..... right back at ya!!! check out my blog this morning somethings on there for you.
I get my primas here as well i love the little bags she does!!! Those ribbons look rather nice i may have to start ordering a ribbon kit i think.

Kerry said...

WOW Thanks for the mention. There will be a little extra something in the post for you as a thank you for the recommendation.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin