Sunday 17 January 2010

Knackered.......

I have survived my first three weeks back at work - but only just! Exhaustion doesn't even come close.....aside from the physical / mental adjustment of having to actually concentrate properly for whole days at a time, there is an unbelievable amount of information to take on board. I've spent 7 of the last 10 days in training, with another two next week - and then I will be 'live' - feel sorry for those poor customers who come face-to-face with me next Wednesday!

In the meantime, all has most definitely not been quiet on the creative front :-)

First up, some winter warmers...these were most definitely NOT planned, but given that I started work during the worst cold snap that the UK has experienced since 1963 (apparently), I quickly realised that I needed something to keep my head and neck warm when waiting at the bus stop.

So, I have finished a hat and started a scarf. The hat is made using Mini Mochi yarn from Crystal Palace (colourway Violets Rainbow). This is gorgeously soft and comes in wonderful colours - but is not something I would choose to knit with again - it feels very fragile when you're knitting it and I was terrified of it breaking....











The scarf is being made using Mille Colori yarn by Lang Wools - my lovely Mum gave me these as a 'sort-of' Christmas present. I have two balls of a grey/aqua mix and two balls of a pink/berry mix - this probably sounds like a horrible combination, but thanks to a great pattern (Noro Striped Scarf by Jared Flood) and the long colour changes, I think it's coming out rather beautifully:





I have also finished yet another pair of socks - these are Wanida by Cookie A, and they were made using gorgeous yarn from The Knitting Goddess. This was a custom-dye colourway that I asked her to dye for me back in the summer of 2009 - I decided it was time I finally used it, and I'm really pleased with the results!













And the charity project is still going strong - I have made a few more squares (I think my total so far is now 10 squares) and an adorable little baby jacket, using the Bombay Love pattern from Ravelry. This was made using the scrummy aran-weight wool from Babylonglegs

Oh, and Ladybird? I have started your gloves - but you might not actually get them, coz they are coming out gorgeous!!!







2 comments:

Paige said...

Hi Tash, Trav drovwe up to the Post Office yesterday to collect a parcel. and when I arrived him from our monthly Crop there was a lovely pair of gloves waiting for me on my craft table :) they are just what I needed to help me get over my cold :) Thank you!!!

Paige said...

there's an Award on my blog for you please come and collect it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin