Thursday 10 March 2011

Moody Blues

So, there I was, chugging along with some difficulty on my Thelonious socks....I had finally got to the heel flap on the first sock, when I thought: 'oooh, better try it on'. Dum, dum duuuuum (imagine sounds of doom): faaar too tight on the leg! Then to make it even worse, I realised that instead of 2x2 ribbing down the leg, I had done 1x1 ribbing - aaarrrrgghhhh! Amazingly, I didn't scream out loud.....

I'm not giving up on this pattern quite yet, but I think it needs to be done in a different yarn from Dream in Color Smooshy (I'm using Some Summer Sky). A rethink is required. In the meantime, I shall use up one of my substitute allowances for this month, and use this yarn to knit Rick from Sock Innovation - pictures once I've made it past the cuff.

On the good news front, I'm making great progress on my Oviatt socks, using Hazel Knits Artisan in Hoppy Blonde. This picture dates from earlier in the week - I have since finished both legs and turned both heels :-)
I'm also going great guns on the Sock Knitters Anonymous mystery sock - I'm using some 'old' yarn (i.e. bought over two years ago) from Needleworks Pleasure. All her colourways are one-off, unique creations - this one is La Reine Margot

Now to go and think about dinner.......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin