Wednesday 7 January 2009

Festive Fun & Frolics

No, I haven't gone AWOL.....! Christmas was fun and relaxed, with Little Miss A being totally spoiled by Father Christmas and family & friends. Top pressies were a dolly pushchair and 'learn to dress' dolly for the little one, a Nintendo DS for me (with the Brain Training cartridge - ha ha ha!) and the Top Gear book for Mr A.
Of course, it was also a little exhausting with a very inquisitive and energetic toddler to look after.....boy, were Mr A and I glad when the nursery opened again on 2nd January! I've also been laid low by the dreaded lurgy - Mum had it on Christmas Day (poor thing), and then Mr A and I came down with it for New Year's Eve. We thought we were better, and were planning to go back to work as planned on Monday - but when the time came, Mr A couldn't even lift his head off the pillow. I did make it into work, but felt so dreadful, I ended up coming home at lunchtime and spent the next two days in bed. I am thankfully starting to feel more human now, and have even managed some scrapping!
So, I have come up with some 'Scrapolutions' for 2009. These are:

- do one Layout per week (I pretty much managed this last year, so should be able to do it comfortably!)

- abandon all efforts on Scrap Your Day (I haven't done anything on this since September, and have completely lost interest.....!)

- use up at least HALF of my current stash before I buy anything new (it's ok - I got a couple of treats just before Christmas, which should keep me going)

- make more of an effort to use up my scraps on cards - and if they are smaller than 5x5cm - chuck them!

I also have some knitting resolutions - check my other blog for that bit of madness.

I will leave you with my last LO for 2008


















and my first one for 2009:



















this was for the UKS Weekly challenge - we had to include a celebration, twelve of something, and buttons. I went for a patchwork-inspired layout, using up the bits and pieces of Christmassy paper I still had lying around........!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin