Friday 17 April 2009

The Sock Saga continues.......





Yes, I've started another pair of socks - these are Blackrose in the cherry Wendy Mode 4 ply that I mentioned in my previous post. There is soooo much yardage in this wool, I have ended up doing ELEVEN pattern repeats down the leg! Wow! I'm not overly impressed with the wool to be honest - it's very fluffy and a bit splitty, but I'll get there in the end. And it's definitely made me realise that I much prefer doing toe-up socks.....

The really interesting news however, is that the making of these socks led me down a completely new 'creative path' - namely, the design of some co-ordinated stitch markers:





Cute no?

This in turn has led to a period of mad wire winding and I have made several more sets - you can see them for sale in my Folksy shop here or my Etsy shop here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin