Tuesday 23 December 2008

Christmas cardigan


At last, it's finished! I started making this last Christmas, and was originally making the 18month size. Then I got distracted by other projects (and life in general!) and only picked it back up again in the late summer. By then, the little one had grown somewhat, so I undid all the previous work (a whole piece!) and re-started it in the 2-year old size. All the pieces were finished and blocked by late September, but I only got around to starting the sewing up about a month ago - and finally finished it on Sunday night! Really please with how it came out - the variegated yarn has knitted up beautifully, with subtle striping and it's still large enough for her to grow into a little.

Pattern was from Phildar's Layette collection #974 - Madame la Marquise (quite appropriate). I didn't add the hood as per the original pattern (she's got enough hooded tops). As a result, I only used 5 of the 6 balls of wool (Lambswool 35) so I have enough left over for a hat - hmmmm, which one should I choose?


Next on the list for the little one is this gorgeous cardigan - my first attempt at short row knitting (should be interesting!) I'm doing it in the original colour as I think it will look particularly fetching on her (and will make a change from red!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin