Monday 29 December 2008

Stashbusting (kind of!)

I bought this gorgeous Aran weight hand-dyed wool from the very talented Angels & Elephants back in November. I've got a couple of her other aran wools as well (which are destined for other people), but when I saw this one, I knew it was for ME! Problem was, I had to find the right pattern.......I wanted a beret or something slouchy, with a funky stitch.


I really liked the stitch that Gina House used for her Amanda hat, but I wanted it to be more like Wendy Bernard's Le Slouch.......hmmm, what was I going to do? Well, after much procrastinating, knitting, undoing, re-casting on, I have come up with this - I give you the 'Sister of Amanda Beret'!

















It's not as slouchy as I would have liked (partly because I got scared I wouldn't have enough wool, so started my decreases a little earlier than I should have), but I am pretty happy with it - and I just love the stitches and the way the colours all come out so beautifully. And even better, hubby likes it - a lot!! :-)


I still have a skein each of Angels' Zennor and Tintagel aran wools but I also have my eye on this sock yarn, which if I'm successful, will be crocheted into some wrist warmers..........keep your fingers crossed!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin